(The recipe and the “Fun Smoothie Facts” were sent by Young and Raw)
- 1 rib of Celery
- 1 Pear
- 1/2 a frozen Banana
- 1/2 a cup Cucumber
- 1 handful of Parsley
- 1 cup of Water or Coconut Water (ideally raw and unpasteurized)
- (I added 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds)
I added WAAAY to much parsley (probably two handfuls), was maybe a bit too excited for the first one just throwing ingredients in the blender without thinking. So it tasted healthy but NASTY. Not the best start. I’m sure it would’ve been much better just with less parsley…
Fun Smoothie Facts:
1. Celery will help to lower blood pressure by helping to relax the blood vessels around the arteries.
2. Pear is high in vitamin C, which is important for your immune system.
3. Bananas can help to soothe an upset digestive tract.
4. Parsley is a blood cleanser, and can help rid the body of stored waste.
5. Coconut water is even more hydrating for your cells than regular water!