(Recipe and “4 Smoothie Health Tips” from Young and Raw, part of the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge)
- 1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Pineapple
- ¼ Avocado (should be soft but not mushy, green not brown.)
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 2 handfuls of Greens (I used Spinach)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut Water)
- (I added 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds)
- (I added 1 tbsp of Wheatgrass Powder)
Tasty, creamy – heavy!
It made two glasses, a bit too much to drink all at once.
4 Smoothie Health Tips:
1. Pineapple contains a compound called Bromelain, which will help your body to
break down and digest protein molecules.
2. Avocados contain all 9 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein!
3. Ginger can help to relax and soothe the intestinal tract
4. Greens will alkalize your body, which is important for the prevention and
healing of disease