(Recipe and “5 Smoothie Health Tips” from the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Apple, Cored (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut Water)
- (I added 1 tbsp of Wheatgrass Powder)
I thought I’d love this one since the recipe sounds similar to my favorite juice recipe. But this just did not work for me. Texture was a bit rough, kind of had to chew it. Not so good. Maybe it would’ve been better with a sweeter apple?
5 Smoothie Health Tips
1. Apple skin contains a compound called quercetin, which can help reduce seasonal allergy symptoms.
2. Spinach can be a good source or iron, so long as you take it with a source of vitamin C.
3. Celery is full of natural sodium, which can help balance the fluids in the body.
4. Chia seeds draw liquids and toxins towards themselves, and helps to carry them out of the body.
5. Ginger can help ease sea sickness!