(Recipe and “5 Smoothie Health Tips” part of the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup of Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Handful of Cilantro (I used Coriander but it’s the same thing, right?)
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 tbsp. Chia or Hemp Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina *optional (I used 1 tbsp of Wheatgrass Powder instead)
DELICIOUS!!! This is one of my favorites. I added 1/3 banana and a tiny bit of almond milk. Mikko wanted one too!
Rating: 4 1/2
5 Smoothie Health Tips:
1. Pineapple is high in manganese, which is important for building strong bones.
2. Cilantro is a heavy metal chelator, meaning it will help to draw heavy metals out
of the body.
3. Celery contains potassium, which is important for the pumping of the heart.
4. Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to fight pain and inflammation
in the body.
5. Spirulina contains all essential amino acids, and is a complete protein.