(Recipe and “4 Smoothie Health Facts” part of the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 2 Handfuls of Greens (I used Spinach)
- 1 Apple, Cored (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Almond Milk, Coconut Milk or Water (I used Almond Milk)
- (I added 1/2 tbsp of Chia Seeds)
- (I added 1/2 tbsp of Wheatgrass Powder)
Yummy. I drank all of it (2 glasses). Stomach a bit heavy at the beginning of yoga class. I liked the almond milk but will try coconut water next time out of interest. My friend added some banana and said it was delicious!
4 Smoothie Health Facts!
1. Greens are high in fiber, which help to literally “sweep” toxins out of your digestive system
and out of your body.
2. Apples can help to increase the bodies levels of acetylcholine, which helps with memory.
3. Blueberries can help to reduce cholesterol levels.
4. Cinnamon can help to balance blood sugar levels by managing insulin.