(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Frozen Mango
- 1 small handful of Cilantro (I used Coriander which should be the same)
- 1 lime, peeled
- 1 handful of greens (I used Kale and Spinach)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 cup water (I added 3/4 Water and 1/4 Almond Milk)
Mmmm yummy! I’m a huge fan of mangoes and coriander so this one was definitely for me. I was lucky as my friend found kale yesterday, we’ve had to do without it throughout this whole challenge since it’s out of season here in Dubai. But beware of kale’s bitter taste if you’re not used to it. Start with 1 or 2 leaves and see how you like it. And try adding almond milk like I did!
Smoothie Health Facts
1. Mangoes act much like pineapple, and have supportive enzymes that will help to digest
proteins in your body. Some natural digestive aid supplements have mango, pineapple or
papaya in them.
2. Cilantro can help to protect the heart tissues and also has mood balancing properties. Fun!
3. Limes contain calcium and folate, which help to nourish the bones.
4. Greens contain the most concentrated source of nutrients found in foods when we compare
nutrient content per calorie.