(Recipe and “5 Smoothie Health Tips” part of the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Frozen Mango (I used Pineapple)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina (I used Wheatgrass powder)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut (dried)
- 1 handful of greens of your choice (I used Kale and Spinach)
- 1 Lime, Juiced (I peeled it and used it whole)
- 1 pinch of Cayenne
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup of Water (I used Coconut Water)
I was supposed to pass by the grocery store to buy mango on my way home from yoga this morning but had apparently not snapped out of meditation and missed my exit. I couldn’t be bothered to go around JLT again so I decided to use pineapple instead. It turned out very nice. But will definitely try it with mango next time as that also probably will be delicious. I could’ve added even more dried coconut and cayenne pepper (I love everything spicy). It made 1 1/2 glasses.
5 Smoothie Health Tips:
1. Mango is an excellent source of antioxidants which play a role in warding
off free radical damage.
2. Spirulina contains essential fatty acids like Omega 3’s which are important
for inflammation and nerve health.
3. Coconut is an antiviral, which helps to prevent catching the cold & flu.
4. Lime juice contains citric acid, which can help to prevent kidney stones.
Add it to your smoothies and squeeze it in your water.
5. Cayenne pepper can help to fight infection.