(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 2 Apples, Cored (I used Granny Smith)
- ½ Frozen Banana
- 3-4 Basil Leaves
- 1 Lime, Juiced (I peeled it and used it whole)
- 1 Handful of Greens (I used Kale and Spinach)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added 1/2 tbsp Wheatgrass powder)
Very nice! By looking at the recipe I somehow thought this one would be chewy and boring but I was wrong. Yum. Cinnamon would’ve worked nicely. Made 2 full glasses.
Smoothie Health Facts:
1. Apples can help to reduce your cholestorol levels by binding to cholesterol and ushering it
out of your body.
2. Bananas can protect the eyes from age related macular degeneration.
3. Basil has anti-inflammatory properties, so add it to your smoothies, juices and meals.