(Recipe and Smoothie Health Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Leaf of Bok Choy (I used 2)
- 1 Cup of Frozen Berries (I used Blueberries and Raspberries)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 handful of parsley
- ½ Lemon, Juiced
- 1 Cup of Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added 1 tbsp Chia seeds)
- (I added 1/2 tbsp Wheatgrass powder)
Very fresh, subtle taste. I was thinking of adding some banana but I actually quite liked it like this. I was a bit scared when I saw the recipe and read “parsley” after my Day 1 (bad) experience or shall we say overdose. But I could hardly taste it now. So it was all nicely balanced. Didn’t make too much though – 2 small glasses. Pre and post yoga smoothies. I’m off to class, have a nice day 🙂
Smoothie Health Facts:
1. Bok Choy is high in calcium, which will help to nourish and protect your bones.
2. Berries are amazing for helping to fight off free radicals and protect against cellular damage.
3. Ginger is a natural anti-biotic, and will help protect you from bad bacteria. It’s also great if you
have a cold, add it to your green smoothies, teas or juices.
4. Parsley is exceptionally high in vitamin K, which is important for bone health.