(Recipe and Smoothie Health Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Leaf of Bok Choy
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 tsp. Spirulina (I used Wheatgrass powder)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added Kale)
Another fresh one! I liked this one too. I can’t really taste the bok choy, I was wondering why there was such a small amount of “greens” in the recipe so I added kale. Could’ve added even more. Made 1 1/2 glasses.
Smoothie Health Facts:
1. Bok Choy is part of the same family as broccoli, and contains potent cancer fighting agents.
2. Pineapple helps to strengthen the gums, promoting overal mouth health.
3. Ginger can be used to tread heart burn and is also helpful for upset tummy or digestion.
4. Hemp seeds are high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are important for helping to reduce pain in
5. Spirulina is high in chlorophyll, which helps to transport more oxygen to your red blood cells,
giving you a boost of energy