(Recipe and 4 Healthy Smoothie Tips part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 2 Handfuls of Red or Green Leaf Lettuce (I used leftovers today so Bok Choy & Kale)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peaches or Nectarines (I used Nectarines)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut (dried)
- 1 Cup of Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added 1/2 tbsp Wheatgrass powder)
- (I also added a slice of pineapple and a lime wedge)
My smoothie today ended up being quite far off from the original recipe. I used kale and bok choy instead of lettuce and ended up adding some frozen pineapple and the juice from one lime wedge. The smoothie just tasted bad before that. After spicing it up a bit I actually quite liked it. But I don’t think I’ll be using a lot of nectarines in my future smoothies..
Rating: 2 (without pineapple & lime)
Rating: 4 (with pineapple & lime)
1. Lettuce is high in water, which will help to flush out your system.
2. Peaches are high in potassium, which is a mineral that can help protect the body from kidney
3. Chia seeds expand in the colon, which will help to signal that it is time for release, cleaning out
4. Coconut is anti-microbial, and will protect you from infections.