(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Orange, Juiced
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added 1 tsp Spirulina, 1 tsp Wheatgrass powder & 1/2 tbsp Chia)
- (a few blueberries)
Today was the first day I had spirulina in my smoothie. The taste will take a little time getting used to… I wasn’t too happy with the taste so I threw in some extra blueberries that I had left over in the freezer. In the end I did like it, however far from a favorite. But maybe without the Spirulina it could’ve been delicious?
4 Smoothie Tiparoos!
1. Spinach is high in iron, and is best absorbed when paired with Vitamin C.
2. Oranges are high in calcium, a mineral that is rare to find in large amounts in fruit.
3. Celery is an excellent source of vitamin B2, which helps the nervous system function
4. You can also try this recipe as a juice, minus the coconut water and banana. Just run your
washed veggies and oranges through your juicer!