(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 2 Handfuls of Greens (I used mostly Spinach and a little Coriander)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- (I added 1 tsp Spirulina)
Yuck! I could barely finish it. But again, must’ve been the coconut oil and the spirulina because the rest of the ingredients I like. Spirulina I’m going to continue using and I’m sure it’s something I’ll get used to but I don’t think I’ll use oil in a smoothie again. I’ll stick to coconut water and dried coconut.
1. Bananas can help to build bones, because of their high potassium content, which can help to offset some
of the negative results of a high sodium diet.
2. Celery contains coumarins, compounds that have been shown to prevent cancer.
3. Just two tablespoons of hemp seeds will provide you with over 2 grams of fiber, which is important for proper bowel function.
4. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which when utilized by the body can help to fight off infection and other pathogens.