(Recipe and Smoothie Health Tips part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (I used 1/2 a cup fresh Strawberries & 1/2 a cup frozen Raspberries)
- 2 Handfuls of Kale (I used Spinach)
- 1 Lime, Juiced *optional only if you do not have any hemp protein or superfoods to add
- 1 Scoop Nutiva Hemp Protein (no Hemp in the UAE…)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (I used Coconut powder instead)
- 1 tbsp. Chia or Hemp Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut Water)
- (I added 1/2 tsp Spirulina & 1/2 tsp Wheatgrass powder)
- (I added 1/3 frozen Banana for creaminess and taste)
I made my own version of this smoothie, the original name was “Strawberry Kale Hempster Smoothie”. Not very easy to find hemp in the UAE, however my friend and I did find Hemp Oil capsules to our delight! Kale is also not in season and hard to find so I used spinach. The banana was just extra. It was alright before, but with the banana it was super yummy. Made a glass and a half.
5 Smoothie Health Tips
1. Strawberries will help your body better absorn the calcium and iron that is found in kale.
2. Kale can be helpful in protecting the health of your heart.
3. Coconut oil is great for protecting you from hair loss!
4. Chia seeds can be used to help control blood sugar levels.
5. Hemp Protein is an excellent source of all 9 essential amino acids, and is minimally processed.