(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Pineapple or
- 1 Frozen Banana (I used half only, misread the recipe)
- 1 Scoop of Vega ONE Chai Flavor (I didn’t have any)
- 2 Handfuls of Greens (I used Spinach and Coriander)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut Water)
- (I added one Lime wedge)
- (I added less then a tsp. Spirulina)
The original name of the smoothie was “Pineapple Chai Green Smoothie” but I changed it since I don’t have any Vega ONE Chai flavor (where can I buy this??) I must’ve been tired when reading this recipe because somehow I missed the banana. So when I added 1/2 a banana after not really liking the taste I thought it was something extra. Now I know I should’ve added more. Also I added spirulina which maybe wasn’t necessary considering the amount of greens I already had in the blender… So the result wasn’t the best. Oh well, next time I’ll get it right.
Smoothie Health Facts
1. Pineapple can help reduce the pain and inflammation of arthritis and other joint problems.
2. Bananas contain a type of prebiotic called FOS, which helps to feed the good bacteria in
3. Chia seeds contain 5 times more calcium than cows milk.
4. Celery is highly anti-inflammatory and great as a chip substitute because of its natural
sodium. Use it for dips and guacamole instead!