(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blackberries
- 1 small handful of Cilantro or 3-6 Leaves of Basil (I used Coriander)
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 handful of Greens (I used Kale)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I added 1 Lime wedge)
Fresh smoothie, not very strong taste. For some reason I actually tasted the coconut water (which is a first). Quite thick, could’ve added more liquid. And I was happy to use kale again!
Spent all day recording so though this placement of the glass today was quite appropriate.. 😉
Smoothie Health Facts
1. Blackberries are rich in ellagic acid, an important compound for skin health.
2. Cilantro has been shown to have anti-anxiety effects.
3. Basil is high in magnesium, a mineral that is crutial for the relaxing of blood vessels.
4. Avocado contains mono-unsaturated fats, which have been shown to help control blood sugar levels.
5. Hemp seeds are a great source of iron, a mineral important for red blood cell formation and function.