(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Apple, Cored (I used 1 small granny smith & 1/2 a royal gala)
- 2 Medjool Dates, Pitted (or other type of dates or figs – fresh or dried) (no dates, didn’t have any)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Handfuls of Kale
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used 3/4 cup Coconut water + 1/4 cup Almond Milk)
- (I added 1/2 cup frozen Pineapple)
DELICIOUS!!! Like apple pie! I thought I had dates at home but realized I didn’t so I added some pineapple for sweetness instead. Will definitely try dates next time. Almond milk also worked very well. Made 2 glasses.
I’m watching my brother race in the Alpine Skiing World Cup. Giant Slalom in Kranjska Gora today. Go Marcus!!!
Rating: 4 1/2
Smoothie Health Facts
1. Apples can help balance the intestinal tract, which means they will aid in both cases of
constipation or diarrhea.
2. Medjool dates contain the most sugar and most water of any other variety of date. They
are great for boosting energy and adding natural, healthy, organic sweetness to a smoothie
or raw dessert.
3. Cinnamon is a carminative, which means it will help to sooth and cleanse the digestive
4. Kale is high in vitamin A, which is great for helping to protect the eyes and skin.