(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Cup Frozen Blueberries or Raspberries (I used Blueberries)
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 2 handfuls of Greens (I used Kale and a few leaves of Mint)
- 1 Scoop Vega ONE Chai (didn’t have any)
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Water or Coconut Water (I used 3/4 cup Almond Milk & 1/4 cup water)
This smoothie is SOOO good! I gulped it down (perfect pick me up for a morning after dancing the night away) and I wish I’d have more!!! Almond milk and mint worked really well – try it! Made almost 2 glasses.
Smoothie Health Facts
1. The FOS found in bananas will help to increase nutrient absorption from other foods that you eat with
2. Blueberries and raspberries are both high fiber foods, helping to aid in proper body detox.
3. Vega One contains probiotics, which will aid in proper digestion.
4. Leafy greens contain vitamin K, which can help reduce calcium deposits in arteries