(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
(original name “Sprout & Mint Green Smoothie”)
- 1 handful of Broccoli Sprouts (I didn’t have any so I added an extra handful of Kale)
- 1 small handful of Mint Leaves
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 handful of Kale
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (I used Coconut powder/dried Coconut)
- 1 Cup Almond Milk, Coconut Milk or Water (I used half Almond Milk half Water)
- (I added 1 Lime wedge)
- (I added a couple small bits of frozen Pineapple)
Veeeery yummy! Okay, there is a lot of fruit so no wonder. But I did also add A LOT of kale. Wasn’t quite sure what broccoli sprouts are (?) so will have to try that another time. Lately I’ve ended up adding a little squeeze of lime in almost everything. It’s just so good and works very well with the mint!
4 Smoothie Health Tips:
1. Broccoli sprouts are powerful anti-cancer foods, due to their high concentration if I-3-C.
2. Mint can activate the salivary glands, which will help to aid in digestions.
3. Bananas add a thick, creamy texture to smoothies when they are frozen. They can also be used
in place of ice cream for a quick, frozen treat!
4. Coconut oil can be used as a swish to fight bacteria in the mouth.