(Recipe and Smoothie Facts part of the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Young and Raw)
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1 Cup of Cucumber
- 1 Handful of Parsley (I didn’t have any parsley today)
- 1 Handful of Cilantro
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 tbsp. Hemp or Chia Seeds (I used Chia)
- 1 Cup Coconut Water or Water (I used Coconut water)
- (I also added a little Pineapple, Banana and a squeeze of Lime)
This was a surprislingly tasty smoothie. Liked it a lot!
5 Smoothie Health Tips
1. Celery acts as a diuretic, meaning it will help draw excess fluids from the body.
2. Cucumber is high in silica, an important nutrient for skin health.
3. Parsley is high in vitamin C, which is a main structural component of collagen, which makes your skin look youthful.
4. Cilantro has been shown to have anti-bacterial action.
5. Ginger can help reduce migraine pain by stopping prostaglandins from causing inflamed blood vessels.